Meet Sue, the Camp Director! Request a Home Visit or Ask a Question.
Marv & Addie Lein
Sue Lein & Kevin McDonough
- Camp experience as campers, staff and directors
- Business experience – Management, Human Resources, Sales, Marketing, Arts, Theater & Education
- We’re parents and our children have been campers at our camp
- This is our only business and only camp
- We are not owned by a corporation or group – you deal with us personally
- We genuinely love and care about your children
- We believe in the importance of the camp experience and the profound impact it has children
91 Minuteman Road
Ridgefield, CT 06877
PO Box 808
212 Longview Avenue
Hinsdale, MA 01235
As Directors and Assistant Directors we oversee every aspect of camp personally. We are out on campus all day long with the campers and staff, managing what goes on. There is no substitute for our experience and our personal involvement.
In addition, we hire a huge staff of talented professionals who embody our philosophy and who are there for the campers. These are individuals who are skilled instructors in their specialty areas as well as caring people who listen to the children. Our experience in hiring, training and managing staff shows in our return rate and in the feedback from our campers and parents.
Here are some facts you’ll want to know. Feel free to ask more.
• 100 staff overall for 200 campers
• Ratio in the cabins: 1:4
• Average age in cabins 23 years old
• No CITs or junior counselors
• Return rate 40+%
• Stringent hiring process with full background checks
• Training program prior to camper arrival
• Required lesson plans for all activities
• Ongoing training during the summer
Health Staff includes: a local Pediatrician and 3 onsite professionals (Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners and Registered Nurses)
Professional Food Service Management team oversees the kitchen and menu.