At Camp Emerson we pride ourselves on selecting the best of the best to teach and look after your children.
We hire a huge staff of talented professionals who embody our philosophy and who are there for the campers. These are individuals who are skilled instructors in their specialty areas as well as caring people who listen to the children. Our experience in hiring, training and managing staff shows in our return rate and in the feedback from our campers and parents.
Here are some facts you’ll want to know. Feel free to ask more.
- 100 staff overall for 220 campers
- Ratio in the cabins: 1:4
- Average age in cabins 23 years old
- No CITs or junior counselors
- Return rate 50+%
- Extensive interview process
- 11 day training program prior to camper arrival
- Required lesson plans for all activities
- Ongoing observations, feedback and training during the summer
- Staff are recruited from all over the US, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand
- Full criminal background checks
Health Staff: Team of Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants and Registered Nurses care for the health of our campers and staff and are supervised by our Pediatrician/Medical Director.
Food Service Management: Staff of professional chefs, cooks, dietitians, dining staff prepares our extensive menu.